KAOEF is Now Hiring!
Director of Development for the Kappa Alpha Order Educational Foundation (KAOEF).
Working for the KAOEF is a challenging and rewarding experience. Employees are expected to uphold the fraternity’s values while carrying out the vision of our board of trustees and staff.
The KAOEF’s mission is to raise funds for the benefit of the Order. This DOD position is a vital component of that mission.
Click HERE to apply!
- Cultivate and solicit mid-level gifts (primarily for the Crimson and Gold Society) in the geographic areas assigned. Also includes donations of liquid assets, stock transfers, and planned gifts
- Conduct prospect research for mid-level and major gift prospects.
- Assist with the annual management, fundraising for the KAOEF Bid for Brotherhood (B4B) auction, KA Day of Giving, and endowment fund.
- Assist with the management, creation and fundraising for all national educational programming.
- Assist with the creation of both chapter and scholarship endowment accounts.
- Assist the CDO with the creation of publications, to include Annual Report ,brochures and all other marketing pieces as needed
- Assist with trustee relations, recruitment and new board member education;
- Assist with the development and preparation of trustee meetings
- Assist the Executive Director and Chief Development Officer (CDO) in all areas of operation for the KAOEF as needed.
- Education: Bachelor degree required.
- Fundraising: Experience in fundraising, development or membership management in a non-profit, trade association or service industry preferred.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, spelling, rules of composition and grammar.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity suite of software; proficiency in Adobe Acrobat; Knowledge of CRM software and understanding of basic database operations.
Relationships and Personal Skills:
- Reports to the Chief Development Officer
- Team-oriented professional work style
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Attention to detail and deadlines with ability to manage competing demands for time
Salary is commensurate with experience will be set annually by the Executive Director. A bonus metric will be established annually by the Executive Director in consultation with the Chief Development Officer. Full benefits package.
For more information or to submit your résumé, contact Chief Development Officer Ben Satcher at (540) 463-1865.