Elections are Coming!
By Greg Waterworth (Beta Kappa-University of Maryland ’10)
With the election season for Kappa Alpha Order less than a month away, below are some of the important rules and laws pertaining to the elections process.
- Elections must take place during the month of November.
- In order to be eligible for office you must have above a 2.7 GPA, be in good standing with the chapter, and to be elected as the Number I, one must be able to attend the Number 1s Leadership Institute on January 8th through the 11th.
- 4/5’s of active members of the chapter, better known as quorum, must be present for an election.
- Election is by secret ballot. Campaigning and nominations are not allowed.
- After each ballot, if no candidate received the requisite majority, names of all members receiving votes shall be announced, but the number of votes shall not be announced.
- With 3 or more candidates and no majority, the name of the candidate, or candidates, having the smallest number of votes shall be dropped after the third and each succeeding ballot.
I hope your chapter has a successful election and a big thank you to all the brothers who have served their chapters this year. If you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to your ADCS.