Kappa Alpha Order aims to be a Moral Compass for the Modern Gentleman.
KA traces its beginning to 1865, when four men at Washington College, in Lexington, Va., decided to bind their friendship by a “mutual pledge of faith and loyalty.”
Our founders sought to create an organization rooted in the highest ideals of the time. Those same traits of honor, chivalry, and gentility have remained timeless throughout the ages and are the core of Kappa Alpha.
Emulating chivalric ideals and genteel ethics, KA translates these timeless philosophies into the mainstream of American colleges and universities. These gentlemanly traits are the hallmark for men who have chosen our unique lifestyle.
The philosophy of the Order is that the acquisition of knowledge and the development of character are the great goals of life. Through fellowship and brotherhood, KA seeks to teach young men to be leaders; to be brave, self reliant, and to continually strive to better themselves.
Focus on values and mission-driven experience
You come to college with your values intact; you’ve learned from family and friends what’s right and wrong. While in college, KA helps you keep your compass straight, develop your values-set and experiences, and points you in a great direction for your future. Then, with our history and your experience, your journey in life seems a little clearer.
- National 3.0 GPA standard
- Time management education and resources
- Personal learning style assessment
- Personal academic plan development and resources
- Individual Academic Coaching
Philanthropy and Service
- KA has raised over $1 million for our philanthropic partners
- Independence Fund
- Chapter host local Blood Drive for Operation Crimson Gift Initiative
15 annual summer internships in Washington, D.C., Atlanta and DFW
$70,000 – $100,000 awarded annually in undergraduate scholarships
Alumni networking opportunities
- 5 regional alumni networking opportunities every February
- Industry-specific professional development webinars
Leadership development education
- Number I’s Leadership Institute
- Province Councils
- Emerging Leaders Academy