Members, Active & Alumni Chapters, Commissions, and Courts of Honor may submit this form as a News Report for The Journal & KA News Site. Not everything is guaranteed to be included, but information may be used throughout the magazine, on the News section of the website or on social media. In the past, only Active Chapters submitted reports, but we’ve expanded this to include alumni groups to further our Knight Commander’s Objective of Alumni Engagement.
- On campus leadership offices or positions held by members
- #s from recruitment & initiation
- Honorary/academic society inductions for your members
- Programs hosted for the campus or Greek-wide or attendance at such
- Alumni events or Conviviums (events are not always timely, refrain from “promoting” events)
- MDA, Homes for Our Troops or other Project Outreach events
WRITING SPECIFICATIONS FOR JOURNAL OR BLOG
- Length: anywhere from 50 to 250 words — it will be edited
- Make your update, clear, to the point, and interesting
- Avoid misspelling, grammatical errors, and such
- Send by the deadline. Don’t waste time, just write!
- Only photos over 500K in size are printable.
- Typically, only 5-9 people in a photo works best. A group shot is fine, but it will not include names nor be easy to see everyone.
- Take action shots… sports, events, on campus or off.
- Pictures are best if they’re unique, have good lighting, and capture a story.
- Some camera phones may have enough megapixels.