The Number I’s Leadership Institute (NLI) is an intensive informational and educational retreat. In order to provide a productive learning atmosphere for the conference, there is a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol or drug use. The focus of the Institute is to educate and empower Number I’s to understand their role and responsibility as the chapter’s highest elected officer, recognize the tools and support systems provided, and to understand the standards and policies of operating an active chapter of Kappa Alpha Order.
Due to COVID-19, the 2021 NLI will be reformatted to a regional model. NLI will be held in six different locations with a maximum of twenty-five individuals per gathering. This will allow us to safely provide an in-person experience while complying with local and CDC guidelines. The locations and dates for the six regional NLI’s are listed below:
- Memphis, TN – January 7th and 8th
- Dallas, TX – January 7th and 8th
- Charlotte, NC – January 9th and 10th
- Roanoke, VA – January 9th and 10th
- Atlanta, GA – January 14th and 15th
- Phoenix, AZ – January 16th and 17th
Safety Protocols for 2021
- Temperature checks will be conducted for each attendee both mornings of the conference
- Each attendee will be provided with individual hand sanitizer and masks
- The meeting space will be set up in a way to ensure proper social distancing between attendees
- Masks will be required for the duration of the event, apart from during meal times
- All meals will be served by hotel staff to avoid long lines and people congregating around tables of food
- In the event of an attendee exhibiting symptoms, separate rooms will be available for quarantine.
- All attendees will be required to stay on premises for the duration of the conference. Any attendee who leaves the conference center will be sent home at his own expense, and could face being removed from their office.