Alpha Sigma Chapter
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Alpha Sigma Chapter was established on 10/21/1899 at Georgia Institute of Technology. This chapter is located in Atlanta, GA.
- Founder(s): W. P. Wheeler, J. R. Straton, W. H. Hillyer, C. E. Dowman Jr., J. L. Hardeman
- Charter: October 21, 1899, J. L. Hardeman
- Charter Members: Charles Emmett Rushton, Linton Monroe Solomon, Stephen Logan Snowden, John Addison Whitner Jr.
- RADM Richard H. Truly, USN – Initiated 1956 – NASA Astronaut; Vice Admiral, U.S. Navy; Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Randolph Scott – Initiated 1919 – Award-winning actor and “Western” movie star
- CAPT David S. McCampbell, USN – Initiated 1929 – Medal of Honor recipient; top U.S. Navy fighter pilot of all time, known as the “Ace of Aces”
- George W. Woodruff – Initiated 1913 – Director of the Coca-Cola Company from 1936 to 1985