9-138. The VIII – Sergeant-at-Arms. The VIII shall act as the sergeant-at-arms for all chapter meetings and shall admit only persons lawfully permitted to be present at a chapter meeting. He shall also serve as the primary risk management officer for the Active Chapter. In this capacity he shall be responsible for education and enforcement of the Order’s risk management policy.
Officer Training Conference – Each spring, thousands of KA undergraduates gather to attend our regional educational programs. From small group discussion, to large group facilitation, members are engaged for a day and a half. You’ll learn from other officers in your position, alumni facilitators, and from expert speakers. All 9 Chapter Officers are REQUIRED to attend Officer Training Conference.
- Number VIII’s Transition Guide – Just got elected? This is where to start. It has checklists for transition items, evaluations of where your chapter is currently, goal setting for your role, and much more!
- Birkman Method Colors – Learn how to work with your officers better based on their personalities.
- Kappa Alpha Order Risk Management Policy – The KAORMP shall apply to all entities and all levels of membership. All members are expected to follow all applicable federal, state, county, parish, and municipal laws and institution of higher education policies. The policy is designed to protect Kappa Alpha Order and its members.
- Social Function Checklist – This document can be altered to fit your chapter’s social needs to ensure safety before and during social events.
- Contact My ADCS – Your Associate Director for Chapter Services is your go-to person. They work for the National Administrative Office and are there to help you through issues and improve your chapter.
- Crisis Management Pamphlet or Crisis Management Card
- Special Events Insurance Request Form – This application will need to be completed and submitted in order to request special events insurance. Remember requests MUST be made at least 60 days prior to the desired event. Contact Risk Management Consultant Linda Wright with any questions.
- TNT Security Solutions– Hire off-duty police officers to provide security for your socials or traffic direction for your 5K.
- Risk Management Incident Report – This report should be completed following all risk management incidents.
- BYOB Guidelines – The BYOB guidelines provided throughout this resource document are suggestions for safe and practical implementation.
- Third-Party Vendor Guidelines – Using a licensed and insured third-party vendor for an event where alcohol will be present is a preferred method for hosting an event. The guidelines provided throughout this resource document are suggestions for safe and practical implementation.
- More Risk Management Resources