The Kappa Alpha Order Educational Foundation is looking to hire someone to fill the role of Director of Donor Relations.
To express interest, please contact KAOEF Executive Vice President Ben Satcher at email@example.com.
The Kappa Alpha Order Educational Foundation
Director of Donor Relations
Type & Term of Position:
Permanent, full-time staff position employed by the President, directly reporting to the Executive Vice President.
Salary commensurate with experience and set annually by the President. A bonus metric will be established annually by the President in consultation with the Executive Vice President.
Based in the Charlotte, NC area with some onsite work in Lexington, VA., the Director of Donor Relations is a staff position that is primarily responsible for developing the strategic execution for the KA Leadership Fund annual fundraising campaign and related development work that shall increase donor support and maintain donor retention for the Kappa Alpha Order Educational Foundation (KAOEF).
Primary Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create a strategic communication and solicitation plan for the KA Leadership Fund (Annual Fund) which encompasses the utilization of email, direct mail, phone, mail and personal outreach to KA alumni, parents, and friends of KA.
- Create and oversee a plan to grow KA’s Foundation Chapter program which focuses on KA undergraduate giving and establishing a strong foundation for KA’s Active Chapters to support the KAOEF.
- Oversee the KAOEF’s annual live and silent auction event, Bid for Brotherhood (B4B). This includes the planning of the event, securing items for auction, working with vendors associated with the event and reporting progress and results of the event.
- Oversee the KAOEF’s “Day of Giving” event, to include the marketing, outreach, and coordination of all volunteers and staff to assist in the solicitation of gifts in that 24-hour period.
- Follow up with all First-time donors to the KAOEF by personal phone call. Prepare and send “New Donor” packets to these same donors.
- Provide support and assistance to the Executive Vice President, the President, Chief Development Officer, Director of Development, and volunteers in coordinating solicitation opportunities on behalf of the KAOEF.
- Provide Crimson & Gold Society campaign support for the Chief Development Officer and Director of Development for recurring gifts beyond the initial year of membership.
- Work with the KAOEF Administrative Assistant to maintain prospect lists, track pledges, and prepare periodic reports of prospects that should be moved into the C&G donor recognition level.
- Implement, maintain, and recommend improvements to donor recognition policies and processes in accordance with existing donor recognition programs, along with other stewardship efforts that complement and enhance development efforts.
- Identify opportunities to highlight support for the KAOEF through impactful donor and beneficiary stories on the KAOEF website and in the Kappa Alpha Journal.
- Assist with other related duties and any special projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Nonprofit event planning and fundraising experience not required but preferred.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Fundraising: Experience in fundraising, development, or membership management in a non-profit, trade association or service industry.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, spelling, rules of composition and grammar.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity suite of software; proficiency in Adobe Acrobat; understanding of basic database operations.
Relationships and Personal Skills:
- Membership in KA is beneficial*
- Reports to the Executive Vice President
- Team-oriented professional work style
- Limited supervisory role over the Foundation Assistant
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Attention to detail and deadlines with ability to manage competing demands for time.