The Forestry Association of South Carolina named LeGrande “Guerry” Burnett (Delta Epsilon–Newberry ’13) of Taylors, South Carolina, the 2020 SC Tree Farmer of the Year.
Guerry Burnett owns 400 woodland acres which have been under a written forest management plan since Aug. 2002. The property became a certified Tree Farm on Dec. 12, 2003. Primary objectives are timber, wildlife, recreation, and financial.
Burnett maximizes every opportunity to learn more about forest management and Tree Farming. He has attended: six SC Tree Farm Legislative Days; eight Forestry Association of South Carolina Annual Meetings; a National Tree Farm tour to Germany; and numerous other tree farm/forestry tours including six Annual Field Tours hosted by the SC Tree Farm Committee on properties owned by SC Tree Farmers of the Year.
Burnett is a member of:
- Forestry Association of South Carolina
- Forest Landowners Association
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- Quality Deer Management Association
- Greenville Forestry and Wildlife Society — Vice Chair in charge of networking and meals for over 15 years.